About Me

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Experience in French culture of Ottawa - Montreal - Quebec City

I was in Parliament Hill of Ottawa
Canada is a bi-lingual official languages country, which are English and French. Therefore, French culture is also the major culture in Canada, except the English culture. When visitors come to Canada, they can experience in these two different cultures at the same time. 

Actually, I have gone to Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City for three times with friends and my family in different seasons. I really like to these three cities in Ontario, because they make you feel like walking through the North America to  Europe right away.

Ottawa is a place which has to be mentioned in Canada, because it is the capital city of Canada. Wikipedia showed, "It stands on the south bank of the Ottawa River in the eastern portion of Southern Ontario." 

In my the most impressive memory in Ottawa, it is about Parliament Hill"Parliament Hill (FrenchColline du Parlement), colloquially known as The Hill, is an area of Crown land on the southern banks of the Ottawa River in downtown Ottawa, Ontario. Its Gothic revival suite of buildings serves as the home of the Parliament of Canada and contains a number of architectural elements of national symbol importance. Parliament Hill attracts approximately 3 million visitors each year." Wikipedia summarized.


Parliament Hill of Canada
Montreal and Quebec City really stand for French culture in Canada. I love these two cities so much because they are different than other cities in Canada, which are so "France" style. They make you enjoy in the totally different Europe culture in Canada. 

In Montreal, I would like to say Notre-Dame Basilica. According to Wikipedia, "It is a basilica in the historic district of Old Montreal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The church is located at 110 Notre-Dame Street West at the corner of Saint Sulpice Street. The church's Gothic Revival architecture is among the most dramatic in the world."
Notre-Dame Basilica

In Quebec City, the Old Quebec is my most favorite place I
would like to go. Just walk on the path in the Old Quebec, you can feel the traditional French culture and lifestyle, which are elegant and peaceful. 

If you would like experience the French culture, I think these three cities will be your the best choices in Canada. 
Old Quebec's path

Walking in Old Quebec
A restaurant in Old Quebec 


5 comments:

  1. I love this post and I would love to hear more about these exciting places you have visited

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful Tiffany, I love all of your pictures! I have yet to go to Ottawa but Montreal is one of my favourite places to be! Montreal captures the European atmosphere right here in Canada and the night life is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Tiffany and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Montreal is one of my favourite cities in the world. Some of the best things come from there, like me. Glad you were able to enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete